Just as Vino Carta is a combination of a wine bar and a wine shop, our team-members are expected to be both a Bartender - who can make anyone in our bar feel welcomed - as well as a Retail Salesperson - who can work to keep Vino Carta's inventory stocked and organized while helping customers find the perfect bottle for their tastes.
Sound like you? Then read on!
- Greet guests as they enter
- Attentive to guest needs
- Properly suggest the wines that match customers' requests
-Properly promote and communicate the goals and standards of Vino Carta
- Receive and stock cases
- Execute transactions through our POS system
- Maintain responsibility for cash drawers, counting, and reporting while on shift
- Help reinforce and provide accountability for all cash handling processes
- Perform opening/running/closing duties according to Vino Carta policy and procedure
- Maintain all Vino Carta Safety and Sanitation standards
- Enforce all applicable alcohol laws and rules
- Adhere to and enforce all applicable local, state and federal laws, rules, and regulations
- Perform cleaning duties
- Other tasks may be assigned as needed
- Based in San Diego
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Must be 21 years of age or older at the time of application
- A love for wine
- Friendly and outgoing
- Retail Experience
- Evening, weekend, and holiday availability required
- Organized with attention to detail
- Proactive, self-starter
- Works extremely well with others
- Ability to execute multiple tasks with a sense of calm urgency
- Great communicator
- LEAD Certified
- Approachable and patient
- Thorough attention to detail and desire to take initiative
- Must adhere to company’s policies and procedures
- Able to stand, walk, and be on your feet for prolonged periods
- Able to read and follow written English instructions
- Able to regularly twist, turn, kneel, climb, stoop, bend, crawl, lift and carry supplies and equipment weighing up to 55 pounds using appropriate techniques and tools
- Able to safely navigate the tasting room and snack bar areas, including crowded spaces
- Able to maneuver packages of any weight above 75 pounds with appropriate equipment and/or assistance
- Able to move 165-pounds, using appropriate techniques and tools
- Able to work in a factory/production environment which may be loud, slick, humid, cold, and hot
- Able to work in indoor and outdoor environments with moderate noise and occasionally slippery floors
- Able to comply with and enforce all health, safety, and personal hygiene policies and standards
- Weekends (Friday-Sunday)
To apply, please send a resume with references to info@VinoCartaSD.com. In the body of the email, include your answers to the following four questions:
1. Why wine?
2. Name and describe a wine or producer that excites you.
3. Briefly describe what makes Vino Carta distinct.
4. Why should we hire you at Vino Carta?